16 Jun 16 JUNE 2021 WOMEN’S HEALTH Q&A
In this session, we addressed the following questions and topics:
- Using castor oil packs and blood moving herbs with women who are not bleeding monthly.
- Reasons for sickness during pregnancy –if it is related to hormonal balance prior to conception.
- Acupuncture vs. marma therapy for resolving stagnation.
- Is manjistha an effective blood-moving herb?
- the role of the liver in hormones/agni/health overall according to TCM, Ayurveda/western herbalism. What about Liver detox?
- When is śīta vīrya good for vāta? When not?
- Why is sometimes the female organism described as cooling and others as heating, and same with the male organism?
- Little discussion on the medicine of subtraction and patience to find the thing that needs to be subtracted.
- How is insulin affected during menopause?
- For discussion on soy and phytoestrogens, please read Chapter 24, “The Pros & Cons of Soy” in Balance Your Hormones, Balance Your Life, and the last section in that: “some conclusions about phytoestrogens.”
- Discipline: When do we need to push ourselves and when not? Difference between discipline and pushing ourselves. The role of satva, rajas and tamas in this.
- What do we do when we can’t subtract something from our lives that feels like poison—becoming medicine ourselves in that situation. For more on this: part IV in The 4 Qualities of Effective Physicians: “Purity: Are We Medicine or Poison”?
- What does Ayurveda say about the effect of anger on the body/mind.
- Why some women experience estrogen deficiency and others more progesterone deficiency. [I didn’t answer this with any insight beyond, if it happens, I would think it is due to constitutional differences or current imbalances.}
- Brief exploration of the term, “guru”, and the relationship between the guru and student.
In this session, for some reason…quite unknown to me, there is a single image of one beautiful person (not me) for most of the video–until about one hour and 20 minutes in, when we ended the session with a bit of sharing. Apologies to that beautiful person…