When can I begin this course?
Anytime. This is a stand-alone, self-paced course. Start, stop, begin again, any time that is convenient for you.
How long will it take me to complete the course?
There are approximately 8.5 hours of video spread over 18 videos; 1.5 hours of guided visualization exercises aside from what is in the videos; plus some written material that could take 30-60 minutes to read. That’s a total of about 10 hours, but it may take longer to complete the course. We recommend you take your time with the material, reviewing sections that are either particularly meaningful for you or that are unclear with one listening. There are many lessons you may well wish to repeat multiple times. You will have access to the course for one year from the time you register. It will also take you time to read Balance Your Hormones, Balance Your Life, strongly recommended reading for the course.
Please see, “Course Structure” above, for the length of the individual lessons.
How long will I have access to the course?
For one year. You can extend access to it for another year for 50% off the original price or 50 USD per month extension.
How much does it cost?
What if I have questions on course content? Will I have live access to Dr. Welch?
If you have questions about course content as you go along and would like support, there will be a couple options:
- We plan to offer two live Women’s Health Q&A support calls per year with Dr. Welch exclusively for alumni of our Women’s Health Parts I & II online courses hosted by DrClaudiaWelch.com.Once you are a registered student of one of these two courses, you will receive emails letting you know when live calls are scheduled, how to join them, and be invited to submit questions on course content. We also plan to have a half hour at the end of the session, dedicated to participants sharing their experiences. While access to this course expires after one year, we plan to extend access to these calls and their recordings indefinitely.
- you can try posting your questions on the course discussion forum, where you can discuss your learning with fellow students. The link to the discussion forum for each course appears in the right hand column on this course page and all its lesson pages. Please do not use this forum either to ask or answer other’s personal health questions. Those are best addressed by a personal health care practitioner.
- you can sign up for a tutoring option.
What if I need technical support?
Once you are a registered student, we let you know who to contact if you need technical support with the website or course.
Can I download the lessons?
No. This is a streamable video course.
Are there any required textbooks?
We highly recommend you read Balance Your Hormones, Balance Your Life: Achieving Optimal Health and Wellness through Ayurveda, Chinese Medicine and Western Science by Dr. Claudia Welch. There are benefits to reading it either before or after taking the course. The course and book have some overlapping material but are mostly designed to complement each other.
You also may find Dr. Welch’s (admittedly rather dry) Secrets of the Mind: The 10 Channels Revealed useful if you are interested in references to classical material that Dr. Welch used to develop the perspective she has on the material she covers in this class, but it is not necessary.
Is there a quiz?
Yes, there is an exam at the end of the course. They are not tricky questions. All questions relate to the stated objectives listed for the course or are directly from the course material. A passing grade is 80%.
Can I have a certificate of completion?
Yes. Once you have successfully completed the course and quiz, you will have the option to print out a certificate that will include your name, the name of this course and the number of course hours. Please download, save and print out your certificate before your access to the course expires. Even if you don’t want it now, you might want it later. If you don’t download your certificate before your access to the course expires, you can request it in the future but we may no longer have access to it and, even if we do, it takes some fiddling and time to get one for and to you, so there will be a $50 administration fee for this service.
Where can I find answers to questions about the legality of practicing Ayurveda, about certification, or NAMA issues?
For information on NAMA, legal requirements and our courses, kindly see https://drclaudiawelch.com/resources/ayurvedic-certification-licensure/
Does this course fulfill the requirements for CEUs for licensed health care practitioners that are not Ayurvedic professionals?
At this time we are not pre-approved CEU providers for health care professions other than the field of Āyurveda. However, you will have your certificate of completion, which will provide the title of the course, your name, and course hours. This may or may not be sufficient for the organization requiring your CEUs. We encourage you to contact your organization to determine what we could do to support you getting CEU credits for Dr. Welch’s programs. If there is additional documentation that you need, we’d be happy to support you with this for a nominal fee. What that nominal fee would be, depends on the documentation you would need. Please contact our office if you have any questions about this.
What is your refund policy?
We do not offer refunds for online courses. We have tried to provide clear descriptions of our courses; please review this information before purchasing.
Is there an option for financing?
US residents can use the PayPal finance option to pay, when purchasing the course. The PayPal finance option has 0 payments and 0 interest if you pay within 6 months (subject to PayPal credit approval). Beyond 6 months, there would be a 19.99 % interest rate. To choose this option, when you go through the checkout line you will reach the PayPal page where you can choose to pay via your own credit card, via your PayPal account, or via PayPal Credit. Choose PayPal credit. If you haven’t done this before, PayPal will ask some questions to check your credit before approving. Once approved, your transaction will go through and you will have access to the course without needing to pay anything for 6 months. However, to get the zero-interest rate, please remember to pay what you can at the end of the 6 months.
What are the differences, and similarities between the Healthier Hormones online course, taught by Dr. Welch but hosted by Yogahealer. com and this course?
- This course is hosted, maintained ad administered by us. Healthier Hormones is hosted, maintained and administered by Yogahealer.com.
- This course content has quite a bit of overlap with that of the Healthier Hormones course. We think there is merit to doing either or both. Repetition is helpful and, both have different benefits.
- Women’s Health & Hormones Part I is comprised of predominantly streamable, video lectures–that go into somewhat greater depth than the Healthier Hormones’ audio-only, downloadable lectures.
- Both have similar handouts and the same downloadable visualizations.
- Women’s Health & Hormones Part I has an exam at the end, is approved for NAMA PACE credits, and offers a certificate, while the Healthier Hormones course does not include a test, is not NAMA PACE approved, and does not offer a certificate.
- We plan to offer and host two live Q&A call-in support sessions per year for Women’s Health & Hormones Part I, with time for sharing experiences afterwards. Healthier Hormones generally offers a Q&A live call once every year or two, but we don’t have control over how often that is offered or administered or if it will continue to be offered.
- While access to Women’s Health & Hormones Part I course expires after a year, we plan to allow access to the Q&A call-ins indefinitely. Access to Healthier Hormones is not planned to expire, but we also do not have control over how long YogaHealer.com will host that course and the Q&As are not as frequent and may be discontinued.
- Women’s Health & Hormones Part I includes a chat forum during the time you have access to the course. Healthier Hormones has a group facebook page for its participants that doesn’t expire.
- While Healthier Hormones offers enough information to go on to take Women’s Health & Hormones Part II, Women’s Health and Hormones Part I was videoed literally the days before Part II was videoed so the information more seamlessly flows from Part I to Part II. (Part II is designed only for Ayurvedic clinicians well-versed in the fundamentals of Ayurveda). It is also delivered in a bit more refined way.
- We think both courses are good and generally good for anybody.