New Course Available 11:30am ET Sept 21, 2019
This course is one Dr. Welch has been teaching around the world, in one form or another since 1998. It is the information, along with what is in Balance Your Hormones, Balance Your Life: Achieving Optimal Health and Wellness through Ayurveda, Chinese Medicine, and Western Science, that we wish every woman could know. It is explained and synthesized in a way we have not seen elsewhere, and that we have found useful for MDs, students or clinicians of Ayurveda, practitioners or students of Chinese or Daoist medicine, or really anyone –regardless of background in medicine or health. We are so pleased to be able now to offer it here. Here’s what it’s about:
When we consider a woman’s health from cradle to the grave, it can feel overwhelming to understand all her changes, transitions, fluctuations and conditions, and to begin to address or resolve them. In this course, we explore how women’s primary hormones and most gynecological conditions and experiences can be sorted into two underlying categories from perspectives that combine Ayurveda, nāḍi theory, Chinese Medicine, and Western science.
The first category relates to hormones. The amount of information about women’s hormones can be overwhelming and seem contradictory. But there is a meaningful, practical way we may easily see, sort and understand this sea of information; how hormones go out of balance and how we may support a return to balance.
The second category relates to painful conditions. From painful menses to tender breasts, we can understand how such conditions may arise, and how to support resolution.
Applying these two perspectives, we explore the root causes of many fundamental health concerns of women, including hormonal changes, breast health, infertility, painful gynecological issues, and other conditions and experiences common to many women.
Once we are comfortable with these lenses, we can more clearly perceive how best to begin to address and resolve imbalances. We will learn some practical, simple, tools to aid us to do this.
We are happy you found yourself here and hope you enjoy the course.
A Few Notes:
This course is designed to complement the information presented in Balance Your Hormones, Balance Your Life: Achieving Optimal Health and Wellness through Ayurveda, Chinese Medicine, and Western Science, but it is not necessary to have read the book before taking the course.
We strongly recommend this course as prerequisite to taking Women’s Health and Hormones Part II: Srotorodha & The 6 Therapeutic Principles, even if you are a seasoned Ayurvedic practitioner. If possible it would be good to take Part II while Part I is still fresh in the memory.
Both this course and Women’s Health & Hormones Part II are prerequisites to taking Dr. Welch’s Mentorship program, even if you are a seasoned Ayurvedic professional.
Note on the difference between this course and the Healthier Hormones course: Here are the differences, and some similarities:
- This course content has significant overlap with that of the Healthier Hormones course. We think there is merit to doing either or both. Repetition is helpful and, both have different benefits.
- Women’s Health & Hormones Part I is comprised of predominantly streamable, video lectures–that go into somewhat greater depth than the Healthier Hormones’ audio-only, downloadable lectures.
- Both have similar handouts and the same downloadable visualizations.
- Women’s Health & Hormones Part I has an exam at the end, is approved for NAMA PACE credits, and offers a certificate, while the Healthier Hormones course does not include a test, is not NAMA PACE approved, and does not offer a certificate.
- We plan to offer and host two live Q&A call-in support sessions per year for Women’s Health & Hormones Part I, with time for sharing experiences afterwards. Healthier Hormones generally offers a Q&A live call once every year or so, but we don’t have control over how often that is offered.
- While access to Women’s Health & Hormones Part I course expires after a year, we plan to allow access to the Q&A call-ins indefinitely. Access to Healthier Hormones is not planned to expire, but we also do not have control over how long YogaHealer.com will host that course.
- Women’s Health & Hormones Part I includes a chat forum during the time you have access to the course. Healthier Hormones has a group facebook page for its participants that doesn’t expire.
- While Healthier Hormones offers enough information to go on to take Women’s Health & Hormones Part II, Women’s Health and Hormones Part I was videoed literally the days before Part II was videoed so the information more seamlessly flows from Part I to Part II. (Part II is designed only for Ayurvedic clinicians well-versed in the fundamentals of Ayurveda).
- We host and administer Women’s Health & Hormones Part 1 on our website, while YogaHealer.com hosts Healthier Hormones.
- We think both courses are good and generally good for anybody.
Much gratitude to Qumaru Nisa for shooting and editing the video for this course, to Allison Morse and the staff of The Ayurvedic Center of Vermont for hosting the live workshop and to Barn2 for helping us navigate the complexities of delivering a smooth online educational experience.