An honest conversation about transformation with Dr. Claudia Welch & Friends
Over the course of the mind-bending, shape-shifting transition into and beyond menopause, arguably the deepest system of the body–the endocrine system–massively rearranges. There is simply no way this doesn’t shift the way we feel, think, and perceive reality. It is an extraordinary, awe-inspiring, sometimes horrifying transition….even if you do everything, “right”.
In this membership-based fellowship, Dr. Welch, friends, colleagues and participants share experiences and perspectives around this monumental experience, in deep, sometimes funny, far-ranging conversations. We welcome you to join us.
The kinds of things we explore
- navigating the transition from the first to the second half of life
- navigating the transition from the pitta (more ambitious, driven stage of life) to the vāta (drier, colder, more introspective) stage of life
- navigating the transition from the householder (gṛhastha) to the forest-dweller (vanaprastha) stage of life. And what IS that forest?
- The imagery of the forest: wonder, danger, death, possibility, peace, adventure, animacy, union, trance, aliveness
- the role of colonialism and capitalism in imbalanced hormones and emotions
- how we change when our sense organs change
- how we shape shift in this part of life and what that feels like; what we let go; what we step into
- the value and practice of the medicine of subtraction
- the role of stress and courage in physiological and spiritual transformation
- are we tired? Or just tired of something?
- the role of service in later life
This might be a good course for you if you
- have ever Googled, “Has menopause ever killed anyone?”
- are mystified, humbled or inspired by the energetic, emotional and spiritual shifts behind the massive biological changes that occur throughout menopause and want to further explore them
- are younger than 45 and curious to hear from experienced, thoughtful, sometimes funny or irreverently reverent people about where you might be heading, what to pack to get there and useful information to have in order to navigate it
- are in peri-menopause, menopause or beyond, and have found yourself literally whimpering as some aspect or another of this Great Transition has brought you to your knees, and need support or are willing to give it by hearing others’ experiences and sharing your own
- enjoy heartfelt conversation and community, grounded in ancient and modern wisdom
- want to share, hear and learn from personal experience instead of advice
- are confused about why healing, learning, teaching or working strategies that worked in your 30s and early 40s aren’t working in or beyond perimenopause
- prefer spontaneity over fixed curriculum
- are ready to turn on your camera, unmute and share your experiences with other curious, honest people
- are any sex or gender that feels, for whatever reason, that this would all be worthwhile for you. After all, all sexes and genders transform when moving from the first half of life into the second half. You are welcome to join us and self-select what applies to you.
Make a Donation
If you’d like to make a donation to help others access this community who may not be able to afford to pay, feel free to donate here:
Click here to register for a free introductory session with Dr. Welch for all: Friday, May 10 at 10-11 am ET (New York Time). She will introduce the course, the kinds of topics we plan to explore, and hear from you what you would like to explore. Our zoom account only allows 100 participants so first come, first served. If you miss it live, you can view it later. Just contact us for the link.
Starting June 2024:
- First Wednesday of every month; 6pm-7:30pm ET (New York time): Claudia–and sometimes a surprise special friend or colleague – chooses and discusses a related topic, leaving time for group discussion. This is an organic thing, where we take a topic, take as many sessions as we want with it and move on to the next thing that presents itself.
- 3rd Wednesday of every month; 10am-11:30 ET (New York time): Claudia facilitates participants sharing their personal experiences. Class will end after 90 minutes or whenever participants are done sharing, whichever comes first.
This is the intended schedule, but it is subject to change. World Time Buddy can help you figure out your time zone. If you can’t make the sessions live, you can watch them at your own convenience later, as we plan to post them within a couple days of the lives session and will have access to all previously-recorded sessions, for as long as you maintain your subscription.
COURSE STRUCTURE & CONTENT
Video recordings will be posted on your classroom page within a few days of the live sessions. You will have access to all live and previous sessions as long as you maintain your membership, so you can watch the sessions at your own pace, whether or not you are able to attend the live sessions.
This membership includes a serious element of spontaneity, including which guest friends might come and share with us about what aspects of transformation, menopause or life– and when they will drop in. But the kind of people that are looking forward to dropping by–Rose Baudin (has practiced and taught yoga for over half a century), Rosemary Gladstar--who needs no introduction, Allison Morse, who’s been practicing Ayurveda for 25 years.
We will follow threads as we go along. Content will include various aspects of energetic, emotional and spiritual shifts behind the massive biological & chemical changes that occur throughout perimenopause, menopause and post menopause.
What this Course Does Not Cover
- This is not a forum to ask for or give advice or feedback on personal health concerns. That is better done one-on-one with a qualified health care practitioner.
- What is already in our other online courses. Once you are a registered participant in The Menopause Chronicles, you will find 20% discount coupons for relevant courses. You might find it helpful to supplement your understanding of –and healing strategies for –many common physical conditions and changes, with our other resources, all available on this website:
The learning objectives will vary from session to session, depending on the topic. We plan to discuss energetic, emotional and spiritual changes that accompany the massive biological transformation we go through as we move into, through and beyond menopause.
When can I begin this course?
Anytime. You will have access to all current and past sessions as long as you maintain your membership. You can cancel membership at any time.
What if I need technical support?
A technical support link will appear in the right hand column of all the course pages.
Can I download the lessons?
No. This is a streamable video course.
Are there any required textbooks, prerequisite or related courses?
No. Anyone with any background is welcome to take this course. However, since we don’t emphasize or cover in this course what is already in our other online courses, once you are a registered participant in Menopause Chronicles, you are gifted coupons for 20% discount for relevant courses. You might find it helpful to supplement your understanding of –and healing strategies for –many common physical conditions and changes, with our related resources, all available on this website:
Is there a quiz?
Can I have a certificate of completion?
No. This is a membership-based course and so doesn’t have a set end date or number of hours.
Where can I find answers to questions about the legality of practicing Ayurveda, about certification, or NAMA issues?
For information on NAMA, legal requirements and our courses, kindly see our Ayurvedic Certification & Licensure page.
Does this course fulfill the requirements for CEUs for licensed health care practitioners that are not Ayurvedic professionals?
No. At this time we are not pre-approved CEU providers for health care professions other than the field of Āyurveda and, since this is not a certificate course, it does not qualify for CEUs for Ayurveda or TCM.
What is your refund policy?
We do not offer refunds for online courses, but you are welcome to cancel your membership at any time. We have tried to provide clear descriptions of our courses; please review this information before registering.
Is there an option for financing or scholarship?
If you truly cannot afford the suggested donations for course, please do not hesitate to email us to let us know what you’d like your donation to be and we can set you up with a coupon for that. If you truly can afford the suggested donation, that’s great. Thank you. We need to make a living and we also offer this to folks that really cannot afford that. Your contribution helps us do both.
Where to go from here?
If you have not yet studied the basics of Ayurveda, are interested in studying it in depth, and are considering taking either our Foundations I or Foundations II online courses, please be advised that those two are intensive courses, with rigorous syllabi and significant amounts of reading. They could be a good start if you are looking to practice Ayurveda in a clinical setting. If you are looking to do that, we recommend reading some information on licensure and certification.
If you have already have studied Ayurveda in some depth, but would like to brush up on one particular topic or another (for example, how dhātus are created, or more on the srotāṃsi), you can always take one of the stand-alone lessons from either our Foundations of Ayurveda Parts I or II complete online courses:
While our Foundations of Ayurveda Parts I & II are intensive, if you are interested in working clinically or offering consultations, it is important to study Ayurveda in greater depth than achieved through our Foundations of Ayurveda Parts I & II and Women’s Health & Hormones Parts I & II alone. If you are looking to do that, we recommend reading some information on licensure and certification.
Choose from three suggested donation options when signing up for this course:
- For a $165 savings, buy the Women’s Health Bundle and get access to Menopause Chronicles plus the excellent companion: Women’s Health & Hormones Part I for $695 for the first year & 365 annually thereafter.
- Alternatively if, for ANY reason, you cannot afford any of the above options and would like to be part of this community, contact us. We can make this work for you.
Sign up now and your credit card won’t be charged until June when the course officially begins. Note: Despite the, “free trial” announcement by the payment option, there is not a free trial. That’s just a thing we can’t remove and means your credit card won’t be charged until June.