- This event has passed.
Refining the Senses: The Transformational Potential of the Indriyas (co-taught by Dr. Welch & Dr. Robert Svoboda)
December 1, 2017 @ 6:45 pm - December 3, 2017 @ 11:30 am$360
1440 Multiversity • 800 Bethany Drive, Scotts Valley, CA 95066 • firstname.lastname@example.org [Please note: this event is in 2017…not 2016]
In this presentation, Dr. Welch & Dr. Robert Svoboda will explore how our senses, known in Sanskrit as indriyas, relate in Ayurveda to the five mahābhūtas (elements), the seasons, and dinacaryā (our daily routines), and how to use the natural qualities of the winter season to refine the indriyas so that they can work for us to enhance both our health and the positive effects we may have on others and our surroundings. Exploring subtle theory and experiencing that theory in practice, we will examine:
- How to use subtle aspects of the indriyas to allow us to perceive reality more accurately
- Daily practices to support refining of the indriyas
- How the indriyas figure in a health-promoting daily routine
- How appropriate dinacaryā can enhance emotional, mental and physical health
- How to best align with winter to support healthy transformation
We look forward to exploring subtle theory and experiencing theory in practice, first hand, together.