11 Mar The Addiction to Fetch. We’ve probably got it. Now What?
Posted at 15:12h in Lectures & Conversations
In this conversation founder of Yoga of Recovery, Durga Leela shares:
- how modern addictions no longer resemble old views of the addict/alcoholic battling with substance use – it is now more a ‘spread addiction’—an addiction to fetching things outside ourselves to fill the, “holes in our souls,”but
- how consuming everything we’ve been told to work for–all the things that are supposed to make us happy– ends up fraying away at our ability to live free and happy lives.
- the problematic, “F”s and the solution-oriented, “S”s.
- how much the timeline of recovery and its process has changed – it doesn’t take people away for 28 days to rehab but brings recovery to their lives as they live them, one day at a time over a lifetime.
- how we no longer see it as just the ‘addict’ that needs to change; rather, our community needs to embrace recovery as a community effort. Most of us are on a spectrum of addiction to one thing or another, so most of us can benefit from this.
- how alternative health care practitioners can support recovery process.
- you can contact Durga Leela at Durga Leela email@example.com to join the community conversation and support.
- you can order her book, Yoga of Recovery: Integrating Yoga and Ayurveda With Modern Recovery Tools for Addiction, from local bookstores or from Amazon.