July 29th – Aug 5th
In this fourth and final edition of this live, online course, Dr. Svoboda and Scott Blossom L.Ac., with guest teacher, Dr. Claudia Welch, will delve into how this essential community of organisms relates to the health of our skin and reproductive organs.
Though microbiome research into these areas is just beginning, what is known is providing foundational insights into the prevention and healing of skin problems, the promotion of a healthy pregnancy, and support for overall reproductive health and healthy aging.
Dr. Welch plans to speak on:
- the connection between the gut microbiome, reproductive organs and hormones and the Ayurveda perspective on this.
- the estrobolome and its relationship srotāṃsi associated with elimination, and so how the health of those srotāṃsi are actually connected to the ārtavavāhasrotas
- the connection between liver, bhūta agnis, bile and hormonal balance
- the connection between the gut microbiome, vagus nerve bringing that info to brain, that causing anxiety, anxiety throwing off hormones that affect the reproductive tract
- how the penile microbiome affects the woman’s vaginal microbiome and how genital contact between any sexes can affect it.
- What can we do?
- How to encourage diversity of diet in a digestible manner
In Class 2 (on August 1) Dr. Svoboda and Scott Blossom will be be joined by Dr. Welch, who will offer her perspective on Ayurveda’s view of women’s reproductive health as it relates to the microbiome.
Class 1 will address the skin microbiome, Class 3 will be the Q&A for this course, and Class 4 will offer a concise but comprehensive review of what has been covered in all four courses.
To find out more about the course, when Dr. Welch is speaking, or registration, click here.
(You can also watch a free preview of the course on that page.)
This course stands on its own and does not require taking any of the previous courses. However if you haven’t yet taken these courses with Drs. Svoboda or Blossom in the past, you can now get all four together by going here.