28 Jul Emotional Transition from the Pitta Stage into the Vata Stage of Life
Posted at 19:24h in Lectures & Conversations
In this conversation on 21 July 2022 on Elements of Ayurveda podcast, Colette Kent and Dr. Welch explore the transition from the pitta to vata stages of life, including:
- a brief overview of the vata, pitta & kapha stages of life
- the overlap between the transition from pitta to vata stages and the transition from the second to third stages of life from the point of view of the four stages of life: The four stages (āśrama) of life: brahmacaryā (student), gṛhastha (householder), vanavāsa or vānaprastha (forest dweller) , saṃnyāsa (renunciate)
- Why we might not actually have less energy than we used to
- Pitta’s identification with the mind overriding the body’s desires
- the value of getting our affairs well organized
- living lives for ourselves vs. for others
- the transition from the more earthy first half of life to the more heaven-bound second.
- the inherent life lessons of pitta individuals
- trusting emptiness
- briefly noting the change of women’s physiology from that of blood to that of qi through menopause.