With the amount of information available on women’s health and hormones, you’d think we’d all be crystal clear on the subject. But, in fact, most of us are not. Lots of data does not amount to knowledge. This course, hosted by Cate Stillman and instructed by Dr. Claudia Welch, offers 6 very packed classes on Women’s health and hormones.
Note on the difference between the Healthier Hormones course and our Women’s Health & Hormones Part I: Hormonal Balance and Stagnation online course: Here are the differences, and some similarities:
- This course content has significant overlap with that of the Healthier Hormones course. We think there is merit to doing either or both. Repetition is helpful and, both have different benefits.
- Women’s Health & Hormones Part I is comprised of predominantly streamable, video lectures–that go into somewhat greater depth than the Healthier Hormones’ audio-only, downloadable lectures.
- Both have similar handouts and the same downloadable visualizations.
- Women’s Health & Hormones Part I has an exam at the end, is approved for NAMA PACE credits, and offers a certificate, while the Healthier Hormones course does not include a test, is not NAMA PACE approved, and does not offer a certificate.
- We plan to offer and host two live Q&A call-in support sessions per year for Women’s Health & Hormones Part I, with time for sharing experiences afterwards. Healthier Hormones generally offers a Q&A live call once every year or so, but we don’t have control over how often that is offered.
- While access to Women’s Health & Hormones Part I course expires after a year, we plan to allow access to the Q&A call-ins indefinitely. Access to Healthier Hormones is not planned to expire, but we also do not have control over how long YogaHealer.com will host that course.
- Women’s Health & Hormones Part I includes a chat forum during the time you have access to the course. Healthier Hormones has a group facebook page for its participants that doesn’t expire.
- While Healthier Hormones offers enough information to go on to take Women’s Health & Hormones Part II, Women’s Health and Hormones Part I was videoed literally the days before Part II was videoed so the information more seamlessly flows from Part I to Part II. (Part II is designed only for Ayurvedic clinicians well-versed in the fundamentals of Ayurveda).
- We host and administer Women’s Health & Hormones Part 1 on our website, while YogaHealer.com hosts Healthier Hormones.
- We think both courses are good and generally good for anybody.
Healthier Hormones used to be a prerequisite for taking Dr. Welch’s Mentorship program, which we plan to run every couple years. As of September 2019, the prerequisites for the Mentorship program will be our Women’s Health & Hormones Part I: Hormonal Balance and Stagnation online course & Women’s Health & Hormones Part II: Srotorodha & the 6 Therapeutic Principles online courses.